To all our wonderful Marine Mammal Surveyors,
We have some very exciting news!
From Sunday 25th September to Tuesday 27th September 2022, we will be running a very special Sea Safari trip exclusively for ORCA Marine Mammal Surveyors.
This trip will give our most loyal supporters a chance for a long-overdue catch-up with friends whilst enjoying one of the most vibrant and exciting marine spaces ORCA visits – the Bay of Biscay. The Sea Safari will depart from Plymouth on the afternoon of Sunday 25th September and return back to Plymouth on the afternoon of Tuesday 27th September.
Up on deck all day, you’ll have the chance to watch out for huge whales and acrobatic dolphins, whilst catching up with friends and chatting to ORCA staff about our research, the organisation structure and plenty more besides! You’ll also have the chance to refresh your Marine Mammal Surveyor skills and have the chance to practise using the OceanWatchers app!
The pricing for the trip is:
Two people sharing a 2 berth inside cabin - £159 per person (see details below)
- Once you have booked, you will be allocated a space in a same-sex cabin AT RANDOM. We are unable to accommodate requests for individually booked spaces to share with specific people
- If you would like to share with a specific person, you must both book places at the same time in one single booking and specify the names of both people
- All guests booking on the trip must be an active ORCA Marine Mammal Surveyor and a current ORCA member
- All guests must have a valid passport and be able to travel to Spain on the dates of the trip
- Guests are responsible for ensuring they check and comply with the Covid-19 travel information and regulations set out by Brittany Ferries here
- Places are limited and will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to deposits and cabin costs, bookings are non-refundable within 60 days of the departure date of the trip
- Guests are responsible for their own travel insurance and travel to and from Plymouth. Unfortunately, due to limited space, no free parking will be available for guests
To book, you can visit the dedicated page on the ORCA shop here – you will need to be logged into the Surveyor Network to access this item on the shop.
We only have a limited number of places, and we are expecting this to book extremely quickly, so we’d encourage you to book as soon as possible.
We hope you will be able to join us and look forward to seeing you all soon!
We are all so excited to be back in the Bay of Biscay!
The ORCA team